eLearn Day Student Information for Grades K-12
We will have two planned eLearn days in the 2018-2019 school year: Oct. 4 and Nov. 14
What will these eLearn Days look like from a student’s point of view?
- Students in grades K-12 will work off-campus on Oct. 4 and Nov. 14 eLearn Days
- There will be no buses running and the school will be closed to students.
- The instruction delivery and quality will be reflective of a normal school day. Students will receive instruction via Google Classroom in grades 3-12 and using iPad instruction for Grades K-2, while having access to their teachers via office hours. All students will be given assignments for the eLearn Day by Wednesday, Oct 3 to ensure they understand the assignments and are able to download the material if needed. Student work will be due Friday, Oct 5. Attendance will be recorded by Teacher from students work completion and submission through Google Classroom in grades 3-12 and iPads in grades K-2.
What if I do not have internet?
You can download your assignment in advance and complete it on eLearning Day. You can go somewhere that does have internet and complete your assignments. Such as a friends, family members, the public library, or local restaurants with wifi. (Students that complete assignments during eLearn Day without wifi will be able to upload assignments at school once connected to the school’s wifi.)
How will teachers be directly reachable by students to facilitate and support instruction?
Teachers will have office hours - available by email, school phones (not personal), and social media.
Teacher Office Hours
8:00 - 9:00
2:15 - 3:15
What do I do if my chromebook is not working?
- Make sure your chromebook is charged.
- Turn it on and off.
- If the steps listed above do not work, use another device to complete work for the day and turn in an Fsticket for the following day.